5 Best Antioxidant Supplements in 2021
5 Best Antioxidant Supplements in 2021
What Are Antioxidant Supplements?
An antioxidant is capable of slowing or preventing the oxidation of other molecules. The process of oxidation is a chemical reaction that can produce free radicals which can start chain reactions and damage cells within the body.
A free radical is one that is missing an atom and is therefore seeking other cells that can give it the free oxygen to neutralize it. This can cause damage to cells and is one of the main reasons for cancer.
So antioxidants are very necessary to a healthy lifestyle and so the best antioxidant supplements can help you to live a healthy life.
There are foods which do contain natural antioxidants but these may not be part of a person’s diet and therefore it is necessary to take antioxidant supplements that would provide the necessary supply of the antioxidant.
Antioxidants taken through food or supplements can help to protect your cells from damage and this in turn would keep you away many diseases. A lack of antioxidants could also retard recovery from sickness or disease.
Why Antioxidant Supplements Are So Important
Antioxidants are a vital part of staying young and healthy. But why are they so important?
First of all, we need to know what an antioxidant is. During normal processes, molecules called free radicals are produced in the body. These are basically unstable atoms or molecules that desperately want to become stable. They do this by stealing electrons from healthy cells, making them unstable and less healthy.
Antioxidants reverse this reaction, helping to keep the cells of our body healthy and functioning properly.
One of the most talked about effects of antioxidants is their anti aging properties. As we age, we constantly copy our cells to replace them when they die. Errors in copying occur and build up to form the aging process.
Free radicals can also interfere and have been shown to promote wrinkles, memory problems, weakness of the immune system, and reduced elasticity of tissue; all of which are associated with the aging process.
We can’t completely stop aging, but proper amounts of antioxidants and/or antioxidant supplements can slow the process considerably.
Damage caused by these free radicals is also considered to be a cause of certain cancers. Getting more antioxidants can reduce our risk for certain types of cancer, including cancer of the: stomach, prostate, colon, breast, bladder esophagus, pancreas, and possibly many more.
Besides cancer, antioxidants have been shown to help prevent other serious problems, such as: cardiovascular diseases, stroke, rheumatoid arthritis, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and vision problems.
It is likely that antioxidants can help prevent other diseases and disorders, but their full effects simply haven’t been studied yet.
Antioxidants prevent the oxidation of bad cholesterol. When this type of cholesterol oxidizes, it can attach to the walls of blood vessels causing heart disease. This increases the risk for heart attack and stroke.
Oxidized cholesterol also contributes to the hardening of blood vessel walls increasing the risk of high blood pressure. Antioxidants can help keep your heart and the rest of your circulatory system healthy.
Another great benefit of antioxidants is that they help boost the immune system. If you get sufficient levels of antioxidants, you’re not only less likely to get sick; it’s also easier for you to fight off diseases you may get.
Along these lines, antioxidants can also help you heal faster when you have an injury; large or small.
Should We Be Taking Antioxidant Supplements?
Because of the strong association between oxidative stress and aging, as well as a range of age-related diseases, it makes perfect sense to target free radicals as a means to slow aging.
Almost all anti-aging strategies for the last 30 years have included high doses of antioxidants as a central ingredient.
The problem is that although the idea of antioxidants is sound, the long-term effects on health and longevity are yet to be realized or understood.
Unequivocally, diets naturally high in antioxidants can both prolong life and reduce the effects of aging and have done so for centuries.
However, with a few exceptions, clinical trials with antioxidant supplements have not demonstrated the advantages of dietary sources. Indeed some antioxidants have proven to be harmful to human health.
The Difference Between Antioxidants From Supplements And Antioxidants From Food
- Firstly, the antioxidants most commonly used in clinical trials (Vitamins A, C, E and carotene) are not very selective in their actions and have other effects on the human body, particularly in high doses. Some can actually generate free radicals!
- Secondly, most studies were not specifically performed in individuals with high levels of oxidative stress. It is possible that participants in these trials did not benefit simply because reduced antioxidant defence was not their problem.
- Thirdly, it may be that other components of a diet naturally rich in antioxidants contribute to their benefits. These may include a range of polyphenols and pathway intermediates, such as lycopenes.
- It may also be that different dietary elements have a greater effect when coupled together. Indeed, a basic principle of traditional medicine is that complex conditions are best managed by complex medicines. In order to capture the different defense and protective actions, a ‘brew’ often contained extracts from a range of different sources.
- In the same way, the health benefits of tomatoes are more than the sum of its lycopenes. Citrus is not just Vitamin C, but also rutin, other antioxidant bioflavonoids and a host of other ingredients.
- Finally, it may be too much to ask of a supplement to get into each cell, and especially each mitochondria of each cell, to reduce ROS levels. Neither Vitamin A, C or E actually inhibit production of ROS.
- They only clean up after the fact, by which time the damage may have already been done or molecules are generated that are immune to the scavenging effects of these antioxidants.
- To this end, more specific interventions to reduce radical formation, like selenium supplements, may prove more useful than non-specific ‘after the fact’ scavengers.
Best Antioxidant Supplements To Keep You Healthy, Fit And Beautiful
You may have heard it a couple of times before, in health drinks, cereals, and even on beauty products. Antioxidants are vital for health promotion and maintenance. They can help you look better, fight illnesses, even cancer, and these are some of the reasons why they are so popular.
To choose the best antioxidant supplements, you need to better understand what antioxidants are and what oxidation is. Oxidation is the interaction between oxygen molecules and substances that they come in contact with.
If you have seen a bitten apple and the bitten part has turned brown, this is a classic example of the oxidation process. A metal that rusts is also another example.
Even in our tissues the process of oxidation also takes place because the exchange of oxygen is a constant process. Heart diseases, cancer, and diabetes are diseases contributed by the oxidative process.
Antioxidants, on the other hand are substances or nutrients that prevent or slow the damages caused by oxidation to our bodies. They act like scavengers against free radicals which are by-products of the oxidation process.
Commonly known anti-oxidants include vitamin A, C, E, Selenium, and Flavonoids. You can get all these in different fruits, vegetables and meat.
However when you have a dietary deficiency among these, you must turn to a good multivitamin supplement that can provide you with such.
Let us go through each one for you to appreciate the benefits of the best antioxidant supplements.
Vitamin A helps neutralize free radicals in the body that causes cellular and tissue damage. It is important in keeping the surface linings of the respiratory, intestinal and urinary tracts healthy.
Good sources of vitamin A include egg yolk, beef liver, milk and bright-colored fruits and vegetables.
This vitamin is often associated with the maintenance of a good immune system. Rightfully so, vitamin C can make you look peachy because adequate amounts of this in your body cleans your system making you look and feel healthier.
Vitamin C works its anti-oxidant role majorly on the surface area of the lungs. If you are a smoker, it would be wise for you to increase this in your diet and or through multivitamins and supplements. A study has even supported the helpful role of vitamin C in treating asthma.
Along with other anti-oxidants like vitamin E, vitamin C helps prevent age-related macular degeneration. Sources include citrus fruits such as strawberries, oranges, broccoli and tomatoes.
As an antioxidant, vitamin E helps protect the immune system by keeping the thymus and circulating white blood cells from oxidative damage.
It works synergistically with vitamin C, which is why, when you look at your cleanser, moisturizer or lotion, you would always find both vitamins together.
Vitamin E blocks the conversion of cholesterol into fat deposits in the arteries preventing cardiac and circulatory problems. A study claimed that vitamin E helped reduce the risk of stroke in postmenopausal women.
It also helps reduce hot flashes in menopausal women. Nuts, whole grains, green leafy vegetable, vegetable and liver oil are good food sources of vitamin E.
Commonly found in food sources such as fish, shellfish, chicken, and garlic, selenium is an essential mineral that protects against injury caused by certain oxidative process.
It works synergistically with vitamin E to promote fertility, improve immunity, and stimulates energy producing cells.
Wonder why fruits and vegetables are good for you? This is also due to the naturally-occurring flavonoids that you can get from it. Food sources include cranberries, pomegranate, soy and purple grapes.
Flavonoids as antioxidants also helps promote mental health. Aside from the typical anti-oxidative action they also function as antihistamine, antimicrobial and memory-enhancers.
Forgetfulness that is often a common symptom of menopause in women can be managed with a good amount of flavonoids in your diet or supplements.
Its mood-enhancing properties can also help in controlling mood swings during menstruation or in menopause. Wonder why chocolate makes you feel better? Well, it’s because they have a good dose of flavonoids in them.
Drinking chamomile tea which has a flavonoid called apegnin can help calm your nerves down when you are feeling edgy.
These are just a few of the antioxidants present in nature, and if you are not getting enough of it in your diet, choosing the best antioxidant supplements would be helpful.
Antioxidants are very important to help you function optimally and make you feel a hundred percent healthy while looking your best when you’re at it.
Health Benefits Of The Best Antioxidant Supplements
We are all exposed to many harmful chemical compounds and toxins throughout the day. There are so many free radicals in the air that can cause havoc with our immune system and health.
However, the right amounts of vitamins and herbal antioxidant supplements can ensure that we give our body a chance to fight this constant onslaught. Taking enough precautions will ensure that you increase your lifespan and are able to live a fulfilled and healthy life.
Besides, we can all say that we probably do not take all precautions in taking care of ourselves the way we should with the best possible supplements that our bodies need in order to stay healthy as we grow older.
The best antioxidant supplements can enable you to be able to fight diseases and the constant onslaught of free radicals in the most natural of ways.
Antioxidants work in the most positive of ways and reduce the harmful impact of free radicals and stop them from forming. They also go ahead and minimize the harm that these free radicals can ultimately go on to cause.
In fact, the medical fraternity has discovered that free radicals are so very harmful that they can go on to cause as many as more than sixty serious health concerns.
The best antioxidant supplements consists of oral enzymes that can go on to be the building blocks for your body and stop the harmful effect in its track. There are the fabulous minerals like manganese, copper and zinc that our body needs to keep fit.
The best antioxidant supplements not only have a superfluous amount of these enzymes but also the most natural form of vitamins and minerals that are easily absorbed by our body.
This is in the case of vitamin C, E, beta carotene, vitamin B2, coenzyme, lutein, lycopene and cysteine in the form of an amino acid.
Besides these they also consist of turmeric, aloe vera, pine bark extracts, ginkgo and other extracts that are natural and proven their efficacy in the protection of the body against harmful radicals and health concerns.
If you had to consume all of these in different forms it would be quite a challenge.
However, with the best antioxidant supplements you can get them in the easiest and most convenient of forms.
You can try to get these antioxidants from natural sources such as fruits and vegetables. In case, because of dietary constraints, you can’t eat all of this then the best option is to get all of this in a supplement.
How To Find The Best Antioxidant Supplements
As more and more people become increasingly health-conscious, the demand for a high quality antioxidant supplement increases.
Finding the best antioxidant health supplements is something that a lot of people do not know how to do. Antioxidants are capable of slowing down and even preventing the oxidation of molecules in your body.
Oxidation is necessary for life, but it can also be bad if it happens in excess. One of the most common worries about oxidation is that it can cause premature aging.
This is why using the best antioxidant supplements can help you look younger and healthier even as you age.
Here are a few examples of antioxidants that the best antioxidant supplements should contain:
– Vitamin C
– Vitamin E (tocopherol)
– Coenzyme Q10
– N-Acetyl Cysteine
These are just a few of the many extremely healthy antioxidants that you want to be getting into your body on a daily basis.
Here are three quick tips on how you can find the best antioxidant supplements in this day and age.
#1 – Synergistic Formula
One of the biggest advances of modern day supplements is the use of a synergistic formula. This means that the ingredients are mixed together in the right quantities, which creates a powerful effect where the nutrients make each other more powerful.
#2 – Potency
There are many varying degrees of potency in supplements today. It has been discovered that over one third of supplements do not contain what they say they do. This is why you want to make sure that the company you are buying from only produces its supplements from high quality raw materials.
#3 – Price
Price is a tricky issue. If you really want a high quality antioxidant supplement, you should compare different options, but you should also be aware of the fact that the ones that use the best ingredients will cost a bit more.
Take control of your health today and start looking for the best antioxidant supplements that works for you.
So what are you waiting for?
Today is the best day to start eating right or taking the best antioxidant supplements to get more of these wonderfully healthy antioxidants.
Here are 5 Best Antioxidant Supplements for your optimal health.
5 Best Antioxidant Supplements
Super Antioxidant Supplement – Powerful Super Food Antioxidants Blend – Acai Berry, Goji Berry, Pomegranate & Trans Resveratrol – Natural Herbal, Fruit Formula – Skin Care – 60 Capsules
- Maintain health with full body antioxidant support: Crucial to good health, antioxidants help support a strong and healthy immune system.
- Loaded with superfood extracts like pomegranate, this supplement boosts energy, supports the immune system, and supports a healthy heart.
- Super antioxidants for radiant skin: As the body’s largest organ, your skin needs some special tlc!
- With acai berry and vitamin e, our supplement helps promote healthy, radiant skin!
- Natural antioxidants supplement: We’re able to offer unmatched results because we utilize a blend of natural extracts and vitamins!
- With goji berry and vitamins A and C, our supplement delivers incredible effectiveness that your body will thank you for!
- Premium quality: as with all Healths Harmony supplements, our antioxidant blend is American-made, using global ingredients, under strict gmp guidelines.
- With naturally potent ingredients like trans resveratrol and Hawaiian noni, you’d be hard pressed to find anything better!
Buy Now from Amazon
Solgar Advanced Antioxidant Formula, 60 Vegetable Caps – Full Spectrum Antioxidant Support – Contains Zinc, Vitamin C, E & A – Immune System Support – Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free – 30 Servings
- Advanced Antioxidant Support; Solgar Advanced Antioxidant Formula provides ingredients that promote antioxidant activity and provide antioxidant support to the cells of the body
- Zinc And Other Antioxidant-Rich Trace Minerals; This formula contains 10 mg of Zinc, 91% of the recommended daily value; Zinc exerts antioxidant activity and can support a healthy immune system; Also includes Selenium, Copper, and Manganese
- Vitamins A, C And E; Solgar Advanced Antioxidant Formula features Vitamins A, C and E to help fight against destructive, cell damaging free radicals in the body
- Vegan, Gluten Free, And Dairy Free; Solgar Advanced Antioxidant Vegetable Capsules are free of: gluten, wheat, dairy, soy, yeast, sugar, sodium, artificial flavor and sweetener
- The Gold Standard: For over 70 years Solgar has been committed to quality, health, and well-being.
- Our mission is to create the finest nutritional supplements in small batches, through tireless research, using only the finest raw materials
Buy Now from Amazon
NOW Supplements, Super Antioxidants with Herbal Extracts and a Broad Spectrum of Flavonoids, 120 Veg Capsules
- PHYTOFLAVONOID FORMULA: Including green tea extract, milk thistle extract, turmeric root extract, quercetin, bromelain extract, rosemary, grape seed extract, ginkgo biloba extract, ginger root, hawthorn extract, cranberry powder, and bilberry extract.
- VEGAN, COMPREHENSIVE BLEND: Filled with herbal extracts and helps to maintain optimal health.*
- CLASSIFICATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS: Vegan/Vegetarian, Quality GMP Assured, Soy Free, Sugar Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Corn Free, Low Sodium, Made Without Gluten
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968.
Buy Now from Amazon
Garden of Life Antioxidant – Vitamin Code Raw Whole Food Vitamin Supplement with Probiotic and Enzyme Blend, Vegan, 30 Capsules
- WHOLE FOOD SUPPLEMENT: Our real food antioxidant supplement includes a RAW organic fruit and vegetable blend for additional nutritional support
- PROBIOTICS AND ENZYMES: Our antioxidant supplement includes a RAW probiotic and enzyme blend for digestive support
- IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPORT PLUS: RAW, Heart Health, Immune Support, Skin Health, Eye Health, Healthy Aging
- OXIDATIVE STRESS SUPPLEMENT: Working best when taken together, the antioxidants in Vitamin Code RAW Antioxidants were carefully selected to provide a powerful opponent to oxidative stress
- VEGAN VITAMIN: Our real food antioxidant supplement is RAW, gluten-free, dairy-free, and non-GMO verified with no binders or fillers
Buy Now from Amazon
Qunol 200mg Ubiquinol, Powerful Antioxidant for Heart and Vascular Health, Essential for energy production, Natural Supplement Active Form of CoQ10, 60 Count
- UBIQUINOL -THE ACTIVE FORM OF COQ10 – Studies show that when we are young, our bodies synthesize CoQ10 well. But as we get older, the body’s ability to convert CoQ10 to Ubiquinol diminishes. As we age, CoQ10 supplements may become less effective.
- POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANT – Ubiquinol is the activated, antioxidant form of CoQ10 that helps neutralize excess free radicals and helps protect cells against damage.
- QUNOL UBIQUINOL FOR HEART HEALTH – Ubiquinol helps support heart and vascular health because it plays a role in producing the energy needed by our hearts and helps promote healthy blood pressure levels .
- BENEFICIAL TO STATIN DRUG USERS – Both cholesterol and CoQ10 are produced in the same pathway. Because statins work by blocking this pathway, they also block the production of CoQ10 which leads to lower ubiquinol levels in the blood.
- ESSENTIAL FOR ENERGY PRODUCTION – Ubiquinol is a natural coenzyme that plays an important role in the production of 95% of the energy used by organs. Ubiquinol levels may drop due to age, stress, and cholesterol-lowering statin drug therapy 
Buy Now from Amazon
27 thoughts on “5 Best Antioxidant Supplements in 2021”
Pingback: 5 Best Collagen Supplements In 2021 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Pingback: Best Green Coffee In 2021 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Pingback: Best Green Barley Plus In 2021 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Pingback: Best Piperinox For Weight Loss In 2021 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Pingback: Best African Mango For Weight Loss In 2021 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Pingback: Gutamin 7 - Amazing Health - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Pingback: Best LeptoConnect Review In 2020 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Have you ever considered writing an ebook or guest authoring on other sites? I have a blog based upon on the same information you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail.
Thank you for your suggestions. I’ll think about it.
Thank you once again.
Pingback: 5 Best Resveratrol Supplements In 2021 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Pingback: 5 Best Green Tea Extract Supplements In 2021 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Pingback: Fast Burn Extreme In 2021 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Pingback: 5 Best Acai Berry Supplements In 2021 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Pingback: 5 Best Fat Burners In 2021 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Pingback: 5 Best Green Coffee Bean Extract In 2021 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Pingback: Best Maqui Berry In 2021 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Pingback: Best Acai Berry Extreme For Weight Loss In 2021 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Pingback: Best Turmeric Curcumin In 2021 - Bestdazzler - Best Products, Computers, Health, Watches
Hey, I enjoy your blog and I like this post particularly. . How may I read more?
You made several good points there. I did a search on the matter and found a good number of folks will have the same opinion with your blog. Helen Gardner Tempa
Much respect for covering this topic. Do you have any plan to continue?
I really love your site.. Great colors & theme. Mallissa Alaric Hieronymus
Appreciation to my father who informed me on the topic of this website, this webpage is in fact remarkable. Zilvia Godfrey Shadow
Have you ever considered publishing an ebook or guest authoring on other sites? I have a blog centered on the same ideas you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my readers would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email. Shirl Geri Alpert
I think this is a real great post. Thanks Again. Awesome. Joan Bendick Hartley
I blog frequently and I seriously thank you for your content. This article has really peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information about once per week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well. Enrichetta Harv Alastair
As soon as I discovered this site I went on reddit to share some of the love with them. Juditha Shea Cadel
Comments are closed.