5 Best Collagen Supplements In 2021
What Are Collagen Supplements?
To determine whether or not collagen supplements would be right for you, it helps to know exactly what they are, what they do and how they work. There are many companies online and at many local shopping centers offering the best collagen supplements, but not all are created equal.
A collagen supplement is something that can take the place of collagen in your body.
What collagen does to your body is very important and must be known. This is a protein that is present in your skin cells which is what gives your skin all the glow and radiance that it requires.
Therefore depletion of this protein in your skin causes vital problems and must be solved immediately.
The only way to do so would be to use a collagen supplement. Naturally collagen cannot be fed in through our skin because our skin pores are too small for collagen molecules to enter when applied on it.
They can only be produced naturally in the body cells and this can be done only when products are used which are naturally derived because artificial agents cannot help you in this regard.
Natural skin care products that contain a collagen supplement in the form of active ingredients such as Cynergy TK, Phytessence Wakame and coenzyme Q10. Cynergy TK contains functional keratin which is something that boosts the production of collagen in your skin cells.
All that you need to do is choose products that contain such active ingredients. It is now clear why you need to use natural collagen supplement. You care for your skin and this is the best way to replenish your skin and give it that young and healthy look.
Apart from these active ingredients, such natural products also contain essential vitamins, minerals and natural oils that are very good antioxidants. These antioxidants are also equally important in skin care.
All About Proteins
Collagen is a type of protein. You’ve probably thought of protein as something necessary to one’s diet. While this is true, “proteins” in this particular case are defined as organic (carbon-based) compounds made up of amino acids (naturally-occurring molecules made up primarily of carbon, oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen).
The amino acids that make up a given protein are held together by chemical reactions between the molecules known as peptide bonds.
Proteins are essential for the numerous cellular processes that allow living bodies to function; without proteins, the biochemical molecules in our cells would simply not function.
There are several different kinds of proteins, and each one’s specific function is genetically determined.
The Function of Collagen
Collagen is a specific kind of protein that is responsible for the maintenance of connective tissues, which includes tendons, ligaments and cartilage.
It is also a main component in the cells of the bones, teeth, blood vessels and particularly the skin. In mammals (including humans), it is the most common protein, making up about a quarter of the protein content in our bodies.
This particular protein has a fibrous structure that is strong and elastic – rather like rubber bands. It is what keeps skin healthy, and plays a prominent role in the healing of wounds. Plastic surgeons use it for cosmetic and restorative surgery, particularly with burn patients.
As we age, the collagen in our bodies is gradually lost. This is what causes wrinkles and sagging. On the average, people may lose as much as 30% by the time they reach the age of 40.
This has more serious implications than simple cosmetic considerations; overall mobility is compromised, bones may be weakened and muscles may atrophy.
Discover The Best Collagen Supplements
You can find collagen in various forms such as serum, cream, lotion, drink, capsule, filler, tablet and the rest of other forms. But there is the type of collagen form where most of its constituents are retained for long.
During the process of the production of collagen supplement, some of its nutrients are lost in one form or the other either as a result of the flavor, preservatives or other form of product used for making it.
According to health researchers, it is highly recommended that you get the best form of collagen products which will give you the full benefits of taking this product.
The best form of collagen supplement which you should go for is the capsule form. The most final product of collagen is still in its pure form.
The best collagen supplements should contain all the needed ingredients in collagen and is safe to take.
The best collagen supplements can help to replace that which is lost to the aging process; however the form in which a collagen supplement is taken is important.
Because collagen is made up of relatively large, complex molecules, most people see the best results from taking collagen supplements orally, in the form of a pill or capsule. This allows the body to absorb collagen from the inside.
The Best Collagen Supplements Does Your Body Good
Collagen plays an important role in the growth, health, and physical maintenance of our body. Collagen is the main structural protein in connective tissue as found in ligaments and tendons. However collagen can have a positive impact on your other elements of your body in addition to tendons and ligaments.
For example, collagen is the elastic tissue that gives our skin its tautness. Read more to discover the rejuvenating benefits collagen supplements can have on your skin hair, nails, and more!
Swallowing the Truth
Almost all of us are familiar with the collagen treatments that are a staple of Hollywood star’s beauty routine and a go-to for those of us ‘regular’ people to help bring vitality back into our aging skin.
What you may not know is that injections are not the only way to incorporate collagen into your body and in fact isn’t even the most effective. While injections can provide temporarily pleasing results, even the best surgical procedures after need to be maintained on a yearly or less basis.
By choosing to ingest natural collagen products you are not just “repainting the house”, you are remodeling it from the inside out!
Benefits Of The Best Collagen Supplements
Those who take the best collagen supplements on a regular basis over an extended period can expect to enjoy an overall rejuvenating effect, as well as a reduction in wrinkles, improved mobility in stiff joints, and better maintenance of lean muscle tissue.
In addition, many people experience the benefits of healthier, more youthful looking hair and nails.
Since collagen loss is an ongoing process, those who take the best collagen supplements will not see immediate results.
It generally takes about two weeks in order to experience any real difference, and since the results are cumulative, the best collagen supplements should be taken on an ongoing basis.
Collagen is the most important protein and in the case of mammals it has the highest concentration of any protein found in the connective tissues. Collagen’s basic function is to connect cartilage, bone, skin, muscles and tendons and to hold all of these together.
Basically the protein functions the same way as a glue. Collagen along with elastin works in the body to provide firmness to the body tissues and also adds to their strength and flexibility.
Organs rely on collagen for support and so do our teeth. Collagen also works with keratin to provide strength to the skin and also adds to its suppleness.
With the advancement of people’s age, the collagen content of the body begins to fall and people start experiencing the signs of collagen deficiency. As a result of this, join mobility goes down, the skin starts sagging and wrinkles start appearing. Even muscles weaken.
There are various supplements out there that take care of the depleting levels of vitamins and nutrients in our body. Collagen supplements work the same way.
From around the age of 25, the collagen content of the body depletes at the rate of about 1.5% per year, culminating at a 30% decrease at the age of 45.
Scientists have been testing and researching on collagen supplements since the early 70’s and it has been shown that these supplements not only replace the lost collagen but they also stimulate the formation of new collagen molecules within the body.
The best collagen supplements are often highlighted for their ability to reverse the aging process, but for many people, it helps in reducing joint pain and increasing mobility.
Therefore, one can see that the best collagen supplements have a variety of advantages for which they are used. Often, starting to take the supplement at the right time can work as an alternative to surgeries such as the ones performed for joint replacement.
Since these problems afflict senior citizens mostly, it is advisable start early on to head off the future complications.
Of course, like every other supplement, it is advisable to do a thorough research on your own for the best collagen supplements. You should also consult your doctor before starting. Vegans should take care while deciding to take the supplement because most of them are derived from either chickens or cows.
Collagen therapy, other than the oral supplements, is also available in injection and cream forms. However, these other methods have disputes attached to them.
Many researchers and scientists believe that the collagen molecule is too large to be effectively absorbed through the skin. Hence, these alternative modes of introducing collagen in to the body might not be very effective after all.
In fact, the injections themselves have complications when it comes to possible side-effects and complications.
Oral supplements on the other hand have no such problems and can be safely taken by most people.
Additional benefits of taking the best collagen supplements include shining and strong nails, smoother skin and healthy hair.
1) Skin – As we age our production of collagen begins to slow, and by the time we are in our 30’s the collagen proteins that hold our skin taunt begin to lose their luster. Collagen supplements help the body repair its own tissue naturally, giving your skin a glow and freshness from the inside out.
2) Digestion – You may not realize, but collagen plays an important role in our digestion. Not only does it help repair the lining of the stomach, but collagen is actually very hydrophilic, meaning it attracts moisture easily, aiding in the direction of stomach acids leading to a smoother digestive process.
3) Hair – Even your hair can benefit from natural collagen supplements. Containing important amino acids and proteins, these supplements can help restore hair to health and vitality by increasing the amount of acids and proteins needed for healthy growth.
4) Flexibility – Our joints are able to move thanks to rubber like bands in our bodies called tendons and ligaments. As we age, the elastin weakens and these “rubber bands” lose their elasticity. Collagen ingestion helps restore the proteins needed to create stronger, more flexible tissue.
5) Pump Up Your Energy – Did you know that glycine is a major component of collagen supplements? Glycine stimulates your system to pump more sugar into the bloodstream – and this in turn encourages muscle mass building, which in turn increases your energy levels.
6) Strengthens Fingernails – You may be surprised to discover that fingernails are also affected by the best collagen supplements, but in fact it makes perfect sense. Glycine and proline can be considered the building blocks of healthy nail tissue, and incorporating more collagen supplements into your diet helps replenish levels which have diminished from aging.
While collagen is not a cure-all that will completely turn back the hands of time, it does provide many of the essential amino-acids we lose naturally as we grow older which enable the body to repair itself in ways it could never achieve without the added boost from supplements.
While you can’t stop time, integrating the best collagen supplements into your daily routine can certainly help to slow it down, and give you energy to live, work, play, and look your best in the interim.
Tips For Choosing The Best Collagen Supplements
Collagen makes up around 75% of the skin and is responsible for a healthy youthful look. It is a natural protein which gives structure, firmness and support to our bodies; not just the skin.
It is the primary connective tissue of our bodies making up about 25% of muscle tissue. Collagen plumps the skin and prevents wrinkling. Collagen forms much of our cartilage in our joints and muscles. It has been called the glue that holds our bodies together.
Unfortunately, as we get older collagen depletes and we may begin to notice our skin not looking quite so young anymore and our joints not as mobile, perhaps getting a bit stiff at times.
The depletion of collagen begins at around 25 years of age as we begin to produce less collagen ourselves and as we further age the depletion of collagen accelerates.
Introducing collagen to our bodies is one way of attempting to slow down or even reverse this aging process. Some turn to facial injections of collagen to prevent wrinkles.
Bovine collagen is usually used for this. It can plump the skin for a few months but is eventually metabolized by our bodies and so the procedure needs to be repeated. If the procedure is not done well the patient can end up with a rather bloated or distorted face. I am sure we can all think of a few examples.
A much less intrusive form of skincare is collagen supplements. The best collagen supplements not only help the anti wrinkling of our skin but also help our joints. But you should choose wisely. You may not always be getting the type or quality of collagen that you think you are.
Points To Consider In Choosing The Best Collagen Supplements
There are two main points to consider when choosing the best collagen supplements.
1. How Pure is the Collagen?
There are two main sources of Collagen, Bovine derived collagen and Marine derived collagen. Marine derived collagen is up to 60% purer than Bovine collagen.
It is naturally more expensive than the cheaper alternative but probably worth the extra expense. High end cosmetics do not include bovine collagen for that reason but it still may be found in cheaper brands.
2. What are you taking the Collagen for?
Type 2 collagen is good for the joints so if that is your primary concern that’s what to look for. However, it has no effect on the skin. The skin requires types 3 and type 7 collagen so for anti wrinkling collagen supplements make sure it contains those types.
There are no less than 28 types of collagen in all. Nowadays it is possible to buy the best collagen supplements which are blended to include type 2 for the joints but also type 3 collagen and type 4 collagen for a healthy rejuvenated skin.
The best of both worlds. But again, look for a pure marine blend of collagen too, so as to ensure that overall you are selecting a super collagen.
Where To Buy The Best Collagen Supplements
When you search around the internet for a place to purchase the best collagen supplements, you will discover a lot of places where you can buy collagen.
This is why you should buy the best collagen supplements from a medically approved store. This should give you the confidence that you are getting the best collagen supplements which is approved by top government supplement agencies in both USA and UK. The reason is that it is a trusted and genuine online health store.
When you choose a product all that you need to do is choose wisely and carefully.
It is always best to make a thorough research over the internet for details regarding products that are available on the internet and then come to a conclusion regarding the best collagen supplements.
Here are 5 Best Collagen Supplements for your optimal health.
5 Best Collagen Supplements
Multi Collagen Pills (Types I,II,III,V,X) 150 Capsules 3300 mg Grass Fed Collagen Peptides Enhanced Absorption for Anti-Aging, Hair Growth & Nails, Healthy Joints & Skin, Hydrolyzed Protein Supplement
- All-In-One Collagen Supplement with a potent blend of Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides from Grass-Fed Beef, Collagen from Chicken Bone Broth, Collagen from Eggshell and Types I, II, III, V and X Collagen in a convenient small capsule form.
- Tones, Rejuvenates & Helps Joints: Reduction in collagen protein leads to weaker bones, fragile nails, brittle hair and dry skin. Our collagen peptides pill includes all 5 types of collagen hydrolysate to help restore your youthful skin health, hair, nails, bones, tendons, joints, and gut health.
- Promotes Vitality and Anti Aging: This pasture raised, grass-fed and marine collagen protein pills greatly support collagen regeneration which stimulates your body to effectively renew tissues, helping you maintain a radiant youthful skin complexion.
- High Absorption: Each collagen hydrolysate pill is enhanced with Digeseb for enhanced collagen absorption. The best alternative to collagen powder is collagen supplements as they are so quick and convenient to take with you in your handbag, car or pocket.
- Premium Quality: Our collagen pills for skin and hair are ethically sourced from pure, grass-fed, pasture-raised, hormone-free and cruelty-free sources. Contains Zero gluten, wheat, yeast, artificial ingredients and preservatives. Provides you with a safe and potent way to support your health, strength and beauty.
Buy Now from Amazon
Advanced Collagen Supplement, Type 1, 2 and 3 with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C – Anti Aging Joint Formula – Boosts Hair, Nails and Skin Health – 240 Veggie Capsules – by ForestLeaf
- Healthy Skin, Hair & Nails: Collagen is the main protein that gives our skin elasticity. A collagen boost can help improve hair strength, nail growth and give healthy looking skin.
- Bones & Joints Formula: May reduce risk of bone fractures and improve mobility with a supplement that helps give bones & joints their flexibility and boost strength.
- For Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Look and feel younger by improving the overall health of your skin. This formula reduces marks by maintaining your skin’s moisture and elasticity.
- Youthful Skin: Proteins help form connective tissue in your skin making it tighter and helping decrease fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks and can also help minimize cellulite.
- All Natural: These capsules are non GMO and free from dairy, gluten, eggs and nuts. They are tested for absorption, to ensure proper digestion. 240 caps- 2 month supply.
Buy Now from Amazon
NeoCell Super Collagen with Vitamin C, 250 Collagen Pills, #1 Collagen Tablet Brand, Non-GMO, Grass Fed, Gluten Free, Collagen Peptides Types 1 & 3 for Hair, Skin, Nails & Joints
- Collagen tablet: Collagen tablet brand Supports Radiant Beauty
- Collagen + vitamin C: A combination of Types 1 & 3 hydrolyzed collagen peptides, the collagen in this supplement can provide some of the necessary building blocks for collagen production, and includes vitamin C to boost your cellular health
- Healthy hair, skin & nails: Hydrolyzed collagen supplement for women and men supports healthy skin, hair and nails, making you look and feel radiantly beautiful from the inside out
- Joint support: This beauty collagen supplement helps support healthy joints while Vitamin C helps support your cellular health
- Collagen types 1 & 3: For maximum results, take 6 tablets every day. Contains 6,000mg NeoCell Collagen Types 1 & 3 per serving + Vitamin C
- One of the best collagen supplements
Buy Now from Amazon
NutriFlair Multi Collagen Peptides Pills 2250MG, 180 Capsules – Type I, II, III, V, X – Premium Collagen Complex – Hydrolyzed Protein Supplement for Anti-Aging, Healthy Joints, Hair, Skin, and Nails
- Industry Leading Collagen Complex: The NutriFlair all-in-one Multi Collagen Protein Complex 2250 milligrams is packed with all 5 Types of Collagen – Type I, II, III, V, X – This is all you need to slow down aging – it contains all the ingredients you need, and nothing you don’t;
- This Collagen Peptides Supplement promotes Healthy Joints, Cartilage and Body – Healthy Hair, Skin, and Nails
- Repair, Protect, and Revitalize Your Skin: Have you heard of the wonderful benefits of Collagen? Do you want to bring back that youthful glow to your Skin, Hair, and Nails, and look and feel years younger, naturally?
- Do you want to soothe troubled skin and reduce inflammation from inside-out for an overall more even skin tone? NutriFlair Non-GMO Multi-Collagen Complex is formulated to do all these plus more;
- Fight fine lines, dark spots, and wrinkles and improve skin firmness
- Supports Joints, Bone, and Cartilage Health: Made from the highest quality blend of grass-fed beef, fish, eggshell membrane, chicken and avian sternum collagen sources, our Collagen Peptides helps protect your Bones and Joints’ Cartilage;
- Reduce your risk of bone fractures and improve your mobility with a supplement that helps give bones & joints their flexibility and boosts strength
- Tested & Trusted Ingredients: Our non-gmo, Natural Collagen Supplement is made with the best natural ingredients available;
- Manufactured in the USA, in a duly registered, approved, and inspected state-of-the-art, strict GMP facility; Each and Every batch is 3rd Party Tested for Quality, Purity, and Potency;
- This includes all our Best Quality capsules, tablets, pills, supplements, vitamins, multivitamins, vegan and natural foods, powders, oils, and extracts
- Trusted Brand – Satisfaction Assured: If our Food Source Collagen pills do not bring noticeable value to you and you don’t absolutely love them, your purchase is on us; no questions asked; Our world-class customer service wants you to be satisfied with your purchase; Absolutely no risk;
- The bottle comes with the NutriFlair Satisfaction Pledge for 30 days; Have this almighty hair, skin, nails, and joints supplement and health protector by your side and thank us later
Buy Now from Amazon
Codeage Multi Collagen Protein Capsules, Type I, II, III, V, X, Grass Fed & Hydrolyzed Collagen Pills Supplement, All in One Collagen, Bone Broth, Amla Berry Source of Vitamin C, Non-GMO, 90 Count
- ALL-IN-ONE COLLAGEN PEPTIDES WITH BONE BROTH: Codeage Multi Collagen capsules offers an all-in-one, collagen and bone broth supplement. It features a high-quality blend of grass-fed beef, chicken, wild caught fish, and eggshell collagens, providing collagen Types I, II, III, V and X. Multi Collagen also offers 18 different amino acids. This formula does not contain shellfish.
- HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN: The collagen in this product is hydrolyzed to help make it easier to digest. This process breaks down the collagen into more easily dissolvable amino acids.
- NO CARBS: Codeage Multi Collagen protein capsules also offers Organic Ashwagandha and Amla Berry extracts with no carbs! Amla Berries are a source of vitamin C. It’s a guilt-free multi collagen solution with additional nutrients.
- THE BENEFITS OF COLLAGEN, ON THE GO: Take three capsules with water or your favorite beverage, anytime, anywhere to get the nutrients of collagen type 1, 2, 3, 5 & 10. Collagen has never been so convenient and easy to use.
- PURE & CLEAN: Codeage Multi Collagen is non-GMO, made in a cGMP Certified Facility in the USA, and Third Party tested. Our formula does not contain antibiotics or growth hormones. It is also dairy, soy, and gluten free.
Buy Now from Amazon